Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age?
Indoor: Ages 3 and up. If your child is younger than 3 years old and took lessons with us this summer, you may enroll them in indoor swim lessons.
What do I need to swim?
We recommend suits that are at least 90% polyester. Polyester is chlorine and UV ray resistant. Polyester will last longer than suits made from nylon, neoprene, or other materials. We also recommend a thermal rash guard for indoor lessons. Some of our favorite websites to purchase swim attire are www.swimoutlet.com and www.amazon.com. In addition to a good suit, swimmers should have a good pair of goggles. Our favorite goggle brands are Speedo and TYR.
How long will it take my child to learn how to swim?
There is no one size fits all. There are a few factors that play a role in learning to swim: age, personality, and pool time. Things to consider before enrolling your child into swim lessons:
- Does my child enjoy bath time or do they hate getting water in their face?
- Has my child spent time around large pools of water in the past or is this completely new?
- Has my child had a traumatic water experience?
- Will my child work with an instructor? This is a big one for little ones. A large pool and a new person could completely overwhelm your child.
- Children that are not as inclined to try new things or children that are fearful will take longer to learn how to swim.
We teach our students by building trust with them. We do not believe in creating traumatic water experiences and we will not push your child to perform a skill that they are not ready to do.