Summer Swim Instructor
Compensation: Base pay is $24-$36 per hour. There is additional compensation for teaching mobile and small group lessons.
Scheduled Hours: 8-30 (depends on availability)
Central Virginia Swim Services, LLC is seeking high-quality, experienced Swim Instructors to teach children and adults of all ages. We offer year-round lessons at Fork Union Military Academy, summer lessons at Key West Swim & Tennis Club and Forest Lakes North, and mobile lessons to private residences and community pools.
Swim lesson instructors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and teaching swim lessons and water safety classes. Hours may include evenings and weekends.
- Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills.
- Instruct swimming for children ages 2 years old to adult.
- Schedule lessons with your assigned clients and maintain communication with your clients for the duration of their swim sessions.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Plan and implement appropriate lesson plans for the level being taught.
- Deliver age-appropriate and skill-focused lessons based on participant abilities.
- Complete records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be a successful swim instructor, you should demonstrate patience and enthusiasm while motivating participants to accomplish their swimming goals. An exceptional swim instructor is able to communicate effectively and ensure that all safety rules are followed.
- Personable and professional.
- Highly organized.
- Passion for the water and teaching others.
- Can work evenings and weekends.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: Part-time
Benefits: Flexible Schedule
- 4 hour shift
- Choose your own hours
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottesville, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person